At the Vacuum Cleaner Museum, we are committed to respecting your privacy. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act in a responsible manner. That’s why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. You may always visit our site and browse without giving us any personal information. Please read on for more details about our privacy practices.
What Information Do We Collect? How Do We Use It?
- At times, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally, this information is requested when you register for an online service or when you provide information in connection with an online transaction.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional event, we may ask for your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We may use the information we collect for marketing our products or disclose information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf and others with whom we have joint marketing agreements or contractual relationships.
- If you choose to give us personal information via the Internet that we or our business partners may need — to correspond with you, or deliver a product for example, it is our intent to let you know how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
- We, our service providers, and all vendors providing products or services through our Web site use your personal information to operate our Web site.
- We intend to continue improving the content and function of our Web site. For this reason, we monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
- Notwithstanding anything described to the contrary, we assume that any information you provide to us by means of the Collector’s Corner is information that you are interested in having us share with the public.
HOW DO WE PROTECT CONSUMER INFORMATION?
We take steps to protect the consumer data we collect from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Our cookies enable us to provide you with more personal service. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that if you would rather not store the information for future use.
Will We Disclose the Information We Collect to Outside Parties?
We may store and disclose personal information as allowed or required by applicable law, including making disclosures that are necessary or advisable to: (a) protect the rights, safety or property of users of our Web site, the public, or our Web site suppliers; and (b) conform to legal or regulatory requirements.
Also, we may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
A note to children and parents: We intend this Web site for use by adults.
Children – Before sending any information about yourself over the Internet to us, or anyone else, be sure to ask your parents for permission.
Parents – We recommend that parents take an active role in their children’s use of the Internet. We encourage you to talk to your children about safe and responsible use of their personal information while using the Internet.